The Regional Archaeological Research Framework for Argyll (RARFA) is due for publication by the end of 2017.
The pages linked to below (and all the subpages) are to give a preview of the publication, and should be considered as draft texts at this point and until this notice is removed.
For any RARFA enquiries, please email the ScARF team.
1. Introduction (Biddy Simpson and Sharon Webb)
2. Background and Aims of the RARFA (Biddy Simpson and Sharon Webb)
3. About the Panel Reports (Biddy Simpson and Sharon Webb)
5. The Early Prehistory of Argyll (10,050BC - 4050BC) (Steven Mithen)
6. Neolithic, Chalcolithic and Bronze Age c 4000BC – 800BC (Alison Sheridan)
7. The Iron Age: 700 BC - AD 500 (Roddy Regan)
8. Early Medieval Argyll and Norse/Viking Argyll (AD 400 - AD 1100) (Ewan Campbell and Colleen Batey)
9. The Archaeology of Medieval Argyll (AD 1100 - AD 1600) (John Raven)
10. Early Modern Period (AD 1600 - AD 1900) and Modern in Argyll (AD 1900 - Present) (Heather James and Audrey Horning)