This section will comprise narratives for the regions outlined above, starting with east and central Scotland and progressing roughly clockwise around the country. Research questions specific to each of the regions will be identified.
- 3.3.1 East and central Scotland, between the Great Glen and the Forth
- 3.3.2 South-east Scotland and north-east England
- 3.3.3 South-west Scotland
- 3.3.4 Western Scotland, the islands of the Clyde and the Inner Hebrides, south of the Great Glen
- 3.3.5 The north-west mainland and the Hebrides north of the Great Glen
- 3.3.6 The north-east mainland (north of the Great Glen) and Orkney
- 3.3.7 Shetland