It is important for aspiring researchers to be able to see where they and their research fit in the wider archaeological picture. Conferences and events are often a great way to meet people doing similiar or complementary work but can often be expensive for students to attend.
As part of our commitment to fostering new research, ScARF has a certain number of bursaries available that are designed to enable attendance at workshops and conferences, relevant to Scottish archaeological research. A list of current and past bursaries can be seen below.
There are currently no bursaries available. Please sign up to our monthly e-newsletter (http://eepurl.com/bCFibT) to keep in touch and be alerted when bursaries are available.
Previous bursaries awarded:
- Europa 2016: Dynamics of Art, design and Vision in Iron Age Europe, Edinburgh.
- Nordic Research Network conference 2016 ‘Bridges Between: Norse and Insular Worlds’, Glasgow.
- 8th International Symposium on 14C & Archaeology, Edinburgh.
- The 19th Iron Age Research Student Symposium (IARSS), Leicester.
- Supporting one student to attend the Archaeomalacology Working Group Meeting at AEA2016, Orkney.
- Supporting five students to attend the Association of Environmental Archaeologists Conference 2016, Kirkwall, Orkney. You can read the student reports on the conference on our Student Reports page.
- Travel, accommodation and attendance for six students at the Archaeology of Argyll symposium, Kilmartin. November 2015
- Travel and attendance for four students at the Cramond Roman Fort: 60 Years of Excavation and Research conference, Edinburgh. October 2015.